Everyone has the right to be fully informed, make their own choices, cry and celebrate in a style that is meaningful and appropriate – to look back without regret. We are informing, educating and assisting people to have a more empowered experience which generally leads to a healthier bereavement. Death is something we must all face. By empowering people they are able to take control and responsibility of their dying, their deaths and their funerals. By knowing your options and exercising your legal rights you can participate as fully as you choose. We believe that everyone can and should take responsibility for their own life and death decisions. By being informed, prepared and active you can make it easier for those you leave behind. Become part of a growing movement of people working locally and globally to create a gentle, satisfying, accepting approach to death, dying and disposal of the human body.
We are assisting people to demystify, reclaim, care and celebrate, making a difference through all stages of end of life. All over the world, people are remembering their rites and rights, waking up and taking dying, death and ceremony back into its rightful place, back into our own hands. Our core commitments are:
- An acceptance that death is the natural,sacred end of life.
- The acknowledgement that indigenous peoples have always known death is the natural, sacred end of life.
- Respect for the diversity of spiritual, religious, cultural and scientific beliefs.
- To embody a holistic, sustainable, compassionate and kind approach.
- To take action for positive social change around the experience of sudden and expected death.
- To demystify dying, palliative care, death, funerals, body disposal, loss, grief and bereavement.
- To support people to be well informed; and
- To participate in appropriate and meaningful end of life and after death care.
Inside everyone is the courage and capacity needed to be easier with death and dying, we just have to wake it up, remember, become more familiar, and practice it everyday. My work is a holistic hybrid of old and new ways, accompanying those who are dying and their carers, walking with the suddenly bereaved, creating ceremonies that encourage people to really honour their loved ones.
Perth 05/09/2014 – 07/09/2014 Fremantle
Melbourne 13/09/2014 – 15/09/2014 Warranwood
Brisbane 17/10/2014 – 19/10/2014 Newmarket
Byron Bay Funeral Master Class 06/11/2014 – 07/11/2014 Byron Bay
For more information see: http://www.naturaldeathcarecentre.org/