The title of this year’s symposium is ‘Religions’ Sacred Teachings and Their Inner Meanings’. We will be exploring the connection between the outer dimension of religions’ teachings whilst catching glimpses of some of their inner meanings, drawing on some of the great sages of Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism.
The day will include talks from international and local speakers, a panel discussion as well as Sufi music and poetry. The presenters include:
- Professor Seyyed Hossein Nasr, our keynote speaker, will be addressing the themes of ‘The Sacred’ and the importance of knowledge of the inner aspect of religions, which is reflected in every aspect of reality. He will also address the personal, global and social consequences of ignoring or being blinded to this knowledge. Professor Nasr’s presentation will be via video recording.
- Dr Reza Shah-Kazemi will be comparing and contrasting the inner dimensions of Islam and Christianity through the teachings of the great Andalusian Sufi philosopher and mystic Ibn Arabi and the Christian mystic Meister Eckhart.
- Dr Rodney Blackhirst will be discussing the esoteric interpretations of some of the Old and New Testament passages from the point of view of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
- Dr Harry Oldmeadow will be talking about some of the outer and inner aspects of Hinduism and Buddhism.
- Fleur Nassery Bonnin will bring the perspective of Sufism as a path of transformation, which helps one develop the inner eyes to see the inner dimensions of the teachings reflected in themselves and in their lives.
To take advantage of the Early Bird Discount book your seat before 15th November 2013 by going to http://www.australiansuficentre.org/bookings