The North American Interfaith Network (NAIN) offers a unique opportunity to include younger representatives (ages 16-35) in a valuable interfaith encounter during the 2013 NAINConnect in Toronto, ON, Canada. This scholarship recognizes young adults across the continent who are actively engaged in important work at the high school, college, graduate, and professional level.
If you are passionate about interfaith work, we welcome your energy and enthusiasm and encourage you to apply! You do not need to be part of a NAIN member organization to apply. Recipients are selected by the NAIN Young Adult Committee, according to the directives of the NAIN Board of Directors. See below for complete information about the application process and requirements.
- The Young Adult Scholarship provides a stipend of $500 to cover the cost of attending the Connect and is open to everyone.
- The Local Toronto Area Scholarship is designed for applicants from the Toronto area. It provides a reduced stipend of $250.
Scholarship recipients will receive:
- A stipend to help cover the cost of registration, travel, housing, and meals at the Connect taking place in Toronto, Canada – August 11-14, 2013.
- A reduced registration fee.
- The option of sharing a room with another scholarship recipient.
- Be actively engaged at the NAINConnect, attending the majority of the programming.
- Speak on a panel or participate in a workshop at some point during the Connect. More information will be provided to selected scholarship recipients.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult chaperone, or indicate upon applying that they would be attending the Connect unaccompanied so that a chaperone can be assigned accordingly.